Am i excited? Absolutely. Am i sad? Surprisingly, not at all. I'm really happy to have called the Big Apple my home for the past 3 years but am equally happy to say goodbye to her. Yes, i would certainly miss the many friends that we have made, the nice carefree 2+1 life we have lead (Yap, zero family obligations kinda rock) and of course, the seemingly endless holidays and road trips we have done. Yet, with all that being said, we both know it's time to go home. Mr Lim's work life balance here is close to zero and admittedly, I've enough of doing nothing. (It was awesome while it lasted but I think 3 years is enough.) Not to mention, the depressing winter days. BYEEEEE!
Meanwhile, we've been really busy with packing and sorting through our belongings. To account for the insurance of our shipment, we had to declare the value of all our stuff and it sure is scary to see the total value of all my shopping (No, I'm not saying it here, but it's certainly wayyy more than I have expected.). Guess that's a good way to keep my future spending in check.
On a separate note, the bittersweet feeling suddenly hit me when I saw Sam playing in snow a couple days ago. I just felt a little sorry for him that that was probably the last time (in his lifetime) that he would feel the coldness and fluffiness of snow under his little paws. Sorry Sammy boy, while I can't give you snow, I promise you that you will have tons of grass, sun, beaches and humidity (pui~) in our future home. That is if you survive the flight. *Fingers crossed*
We are going home~~
1 comment:
Welcome back to SG soon!! and precious Sam will be blessed with a safe journey to his new home so dun worry too much! wahaha..love the photos on sam's blog!
Post a Comment