Sunday, December 20, 2009

My newest addiction...

I first started playing 明星志愿1 in 1995. (Well, my bro bought it out of curiosity.) Can you imagine how long ago that was?! The game actually came in the format of floppy disks - the flappy kind. I was instantaneously hooked. It was definitely a "chick-game". [Quick summary of the game: You play as a talent scout/agent who goes around finding potential stars off the street and nurture them into budding stars. While you nurture them, you are also required to move around TV stations and Music Companies finding jobs for them.]
I was soooo addicted to the game and was devastated when the computer crashed and the new computer we bought didn't have a drive for flappy floppy disk! I was so desperate that I actually paid quite a sum (well, I was a really poor secondary school student then!) to get the game converted into floppy disks (the hard ones) so that I could continue playing on the new computer. Unfortunately, despite my effort, it still didn't work. =(

This game continued to linger in my mind, and despite trying a handful of other games, I kept comparing it to 明星志愿1. The answer to my prayers finally came in 2000, or so I thought.
Well, I've no idea what the creators were thinking, to finally remake the game after 5 years. Nonetheless, I was elated for 明星志愿2! What luck man! I was unable to find the original version in Singapore and simply settled for the pirated version. Sadly, it was a nightmare and my luck went downhill. Somehow or another, my computer system just couldn't seemed to be able to install the game (Despite several attempts and using various pirated versions). I continued trying for the loongest of time and even with my bro's help, it didn't work out. WTF. I was still unable to play the game. LL.

Then God answered my prayer, AGAIN! After another 6 years, the creators came out with 明星志愿3!!!!!
This was a godsend. Firstly, the original version was available in Singapore and secondly, Windows XP was compatible. At last, I was finally able to indulge in my craving. And boy, was it good! I recalled the countless nights I stayed up playing the game again and again. Best of all, my frequent trips to HK paid off tremendously! I was able to buy the expansions for the game and even a guidebook that was AMAZING! All in all, I probably completed the game over 10 times and despite doing so, I'm still gian to play it all over again.
(This game was also the reason why we chose a PC system with Windows XP, instead of Vista. I was worried that Vista wouldn't support the game!!!)

During my Aug 08 trip to HK, I bought yet another expansion of the game - 甜蜜樂章. Knowing the possible severity of my addictions, I procrastinated and decided against playing the game.. until now! Now that my taitai-hood has begun, I've plenty of time to do rubbish, so why not?! All I can say is, I am officially hooked!

I cannot believe how addictive the game is. (Well, a good indication was I played till 4 am last night!)

And, we are so shipping our desktop to NYC so that I can continue playing the game!!!!!

I heart heart heart heart heart 明星志愿3!!!!!!!!

No comments: