Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Married Life...

I was just speaking to a colleague at work a couple of days ago. He was just commenting how difficult it really is to maintain a marriage - all the adapting to each other's living habits, all the financial issues (rather, cost of having a family) and all the sacrificed freedom. He was sharing with me some issues his married friends were facing. The funny thing is, the issues do sound rather familiar. (Nope, we ain't facing them, well, not now at least, but more of stories that I've heard before from other couples.) Things like, couples quarreling over how to squeeze the toothpaste out of the tube or husband leaving groceries around the house instead of packing it in immediately.

Well, the truth is, there are definitely issues that Zim and myself don't see head to head to. It's just a matter of how we solve them. (Geesh, don't I just sound like a guru..) I think one strong advantage that we have is that our quarrels don't last. We don't really resolve them (most of the time, I don't really want to talk about it.), it's just that we don't stay angry with each other long. It's easier because we have two little pigs that work wonders as mediators! Tho they do sometimes get some physical injuries in their attempt to do so.. (erm, yeah, like being thrown onto the floor.) Other than that, the magic words "I'm sorry" will do just fine!

Of course, there are certain things I can't stand about Zim (His toilet for instance! I've since learnt to abstain from entering) and of course he probby feels the same. (One of my weird habits is, I like to clean the house during wee hours of the night! LOL). Guess we just grew to live with it and eventually, it has sort of became part of our lives. It takes time and usually will work out one la. =P

My conclusion is, while maintaining a marriage isn't easy, it's not as hard as it seems and it's definitely worth a try. =)

No comments: