Sunday, December 9, 2007

Free, but stuck...

Finally done with my induction course! Feeling a little empty now.. especially when I think about having to return to work.. *shrugs* Oh well, let's not go there for now..Did make a handful of friends during this two weeks, some of which I totally adore and would love to keep in touch with and a handful of which I would probably never meet again in my life (and I don't really care anyway..=P)

Honestly, don't think I gained much (as in after attending all the classes and talks) during the two weeks of brain-washing, guess it's because I was in a semi-conscious state most of the time. Afterall, I probably slept no more than 20 hours throughout the week (thanks to bridge and supper and ktv).. But one thing that definitely stuck with me, is the advice given to me by the instructor... Slapped me right on my face. He mentioned that, if this job isn't meant for you, you should move on and not waste your time.

Actually at that very instant, I felt like he was saying it directly to me. For the past months, I've been struggling with thoughts about the job. To begin with, I do not really enjoy the nature of the work (being at the beck and call of the GRLs is definitely something I cannot stand, esp when some of them treat u like a slave) and I dislike the management style at work (to be more direct - I HATE my boss). I dislike the inflexibility of my work schedule, I dislike missing out on family events and friends' gatherings simply because my boss is too 'lazy' to make extra arrangements for me. I dislike being bullied at work (he refused to send me for my region's retreat simply because he needs to compensate me an off day if he did so..ass) and being thrown a whole shitload of work simply because the boss has too many emails that he needs to clear (just pure incompetency). I came to realise that I treasure my time with my family and friends over my career. And it totally frustrates me that the nature of the job is restricting my leisure time tremendously. Seems like I've listed enough reasons for me to move on....

I'm giving myself two months. Two months for change to happen within my workplace. If things doesn't change for the better, I'll move on....

Dreading each and everyday at work....

damnit...

No comments: