Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sam the destroyer..

Our little boy is a PEST, especially when he's bored. And when he's bored, he would definitely put his little jaws into some use (Not in a good way though). He's a pampered brat with tons of toys and one of his favorite boredom killing hobbies is to destroy his stuffed toys bit by bit.

Sam has a little routine which he does while decapitating his toys. His routine begins with the Tags to the Ears to the Tails (if any) to the Limbs and finally to their Bodies... You could almost always see his satisfied little face after he had torn the toy into pieces. (Doesn't he just sound like a pretty seasoned serial killer?!)

Keeping his tortured habit in mind, I am pretty cautious in buying toys for him. While avoiding real human toys, I do look out for toys that are meant to be for aggressive chewers. And apparently, Kong's toys are meant to be sturdy and long lasting. (And I really adore their chew toys..) But I guess their stuffed animals really couldn't withstand the "Sam" test...
Zebra Kong was one of his first toys.
I guess Monkeys just ain't his kind of animal.
Tiger was the latest addition, and that probably explains why he is still pretty intact. (As of now..)

After watching him destroy 3 kong stuffed animals, I wondered if he was just against Kong toys, so I bought Booda to try it out. And of course, to nobody's surprise, he killed Booda bit by bit... (and yap, I had to clean up after him AGAIN. -_-")

So, I gave up on having to clear up the mess of a stuffed animal (cotton wools) and invested in a Skinneeez stuuffing free toy. Somehow, Sam managed to flip the poor fox inside out.. (At least there wasn't much of a mess to clean up after this time round.)


I bought this cuddle pal for Sammy in Singapore as I felt really guilty for abandoning him for such a long period. Judging from the outcome of the toy, I guess Sam's still in a pissy mood over being left behind.

Here's a little glimpse of Sam's ongoing projects..

No comments: