Friday, July 3, 2009

Back Pain.. (Part 1)

So, I have had a nagging back pain (primarily on my right hip) for the past couple of months.. Didn't take it to heart much since the pain lasted no longer than a couple of hours and wasn't really disruptive. I simply made a mental note to see a doctor someday. Since the pain came and went, I didn't think much of it and didn't get around seeing the doc. Sigh, the pain did become worst eventually and I finally decided to take some timeout from work to visit the clinic nearby...

Well, no surprises, the GP wasn't able to come up with any conclusion and sent me for an X-ray at Raffles Hospital. Took two hours time off and got Mr Lim to send me to the hospital.(I was barely able to walk, not to mention that bending down and wearing my socks nearly killed me. I was actually tempted to walk out barefooted.) Waited almost 2 hours for my X-ray and result and of course, no fracture was detected on my hip.

Crawled to work the next day with the X-ray result and saw a different GP from the same clinic. Well, his conclusion was that my hip is fine and it's most likely just muscle ache. Honestly, I wasn't quite convinced. I mean, I have experienced muscle aches all my life, but the pain this time round is different. Well, the GP then recommended me to visit a orthopedic specialist for a more detailed diagnosis. Sigh, why not.. so, I fixed up for an appointment with a consultant in NUH on tues.

The two visits to the clinic and the x-ray cost me a whooping $80 bucks. The funny thing was, there was a 10% discount for OCBC cards for the medical fees. (wth..) oh well, at least I get a discount..

Meanwhile, I went back to google about Hip injuries and the common symptoms. Sigh, seems like the majority of people suffering from the symptoms are aged 55 and above. Diaoz~

Oh well, shall see what the doc says...

No comments: