Friday, November 27, 2009

Another lizard scare....

I hate lizards! Why the hell did God ever create lizards!? The only function they seemed to have is to eat mosquitoes. (Oh, does scaring people count as another function?) If this is so, I would rather be bitten to death by a zillion mosquitoes than to be in the same room with ONE lizard~

Sigh. Got a lizard scare again today. (Si Ey Suay~ It seems to happen periodically, once a month maybe? Is this a curse?) We came home after a good session of basketball and I was just chatting with Zim while opening the gate. Suddenly, a brown little thing on the door caught my eye. (CRAP~ what else could it be...) Almost immediately, I shouted "SHIT!" and jumped back. (I'm pretty sure Zim got a scare from the shouting cos I thought I saw him jumped and he went "WHAT?!" rather loudly too.) After calming down a bit, I told him that there was a lizard and being the scarly-kat KeY, I insisted that he get it off the door and out of my way before he would be allowed to open the door or enter the house.

Zim fidgeted with the door and gate but was unable to find the lizard. As my bladder was bursting, I had no choice but to eventually allow him to open the door to further investigate. (Well, opening the door risked the chances of letting the lizard into the house...grrrrrrr..) After a fruitless 5 minutes, (I swear my bladder almost gave way..) I reluctantly allowed Zim to open the door and gate widely to check if the lizard did go in. All cleared, thankfully! (Oh well, at least this was what he said. And it better be real!) So, finally, I took a deep breath and dashed into the house like there was no tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the lizard is still missing. It almost felt like the lizard disappeared in thin air as I was quite sure I did not see it run away. Of course, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the lizard did not come into the house.

Sigh, I HATE HATE HATE HATE lizards. =(

At least there won't be any in NYC. Not in winter at least. (Here's another reason to move there...)

Die lizards die... BUT not in my house or better not let me see...

No comments: